Build Daily

Sources Of Light

August 12, 2017 18:07

What if the broken energy saving lamp ?

The most common energy saving lamp is broken when installing lamp inaccurate or transporting the product.If this happens, you should immediately proceed to the cleaning, becauseMercury is very dangerous for the human body.Next, we will tell you what to do if the bulb damage occurred and how you can do to avoid mercury poisoning.

Contents:
  • What is the risk of damage?
  • How to get rid of mercury?
  • How to avoid poisoning?

What is the risk of damage?The flask

so-called "housekeeper" contains small amounts of mercury.If you are in your home accidentally broken energy-saving bulb (eg, burst), it can be subjected to the danger of life.Damaged housekeeper

that you understand how scary mercury poisoning, we present a few facts and values:

  • maximum permissible concentration (MPC) of mercury in the atmosphere should not exceed 0.0003 mg / m3;
  • flask small size energy saving lamp can contain up to 7 mg of harmful substances;
  • for normal room MPC may increase 160-200 times, if there is an incident;
  • vapors are odorless poison, which further exacerbates the situation (you do not hear anything, if there is destruction);
  • among the main symptoms of defeat release: dizziness, weakness, lack of appetite.Mercury vapor adversely affect the liver, kidneys and nervous system.When large quantities of harmful substances may even be a consequence of death.

As you can see, it's scary if broken energy-saving fluorescent lamp.That is why you must immediately move to independent demercurisation bulbs.

you to know demercurization called the elimination of mercury pollution by chemical, physical and physical-chemical method.

real danger of broken light bulbs
YouTube Preview

How to get rid of mercury?

instructions on how to remove the fluorescent lamp, which is broken, as follows:

  1. Ventilate the room for 15 minutes.Here it should be noted that the use is not recommended such light sources in unventilated areas, precisely because there is no possibility of natural ventilation.
  2. Protect your hands with rubber gloves to pick up the pieces.
  3. With strong paper (eg cardboard), collect all of the glass in a plastic bag.
  4. phosphor powder that is contained within the flask, collect a wet cloth or tape.
  5. Perform wet cleaning using Domestos or white.
  6. All debris, cleaning materials (gloves, rags, wipes) collect in one bag and take them to the company, which specializes in recycling fluorescent lamps.
  7. Call home professionals, so they checked the concentration of mercury in the apartment.

That's the cleaning technology. very important nuance , you should remember - is strictly forbidden to throw away the pieces of energy-saving lamps, which crashed into a garbage disposal or drain.In this case, you will bring harm to the atmosphere of our planet and also endanger people who may be victims of poisoning.

also like to draw your attention to the fact that demercurization can be carried out independently, and can be urgently call specialize service.In the latter case, just need to call 112 and explain what happened.

Well, the last thing I would like to note on this subject - if broken energy-saving bulb, in any case, do not use a vacuum cleaner to clean or brush.Only wet sponge and cardboard "blade".

How to avoid poisoning?

Today there are light bulbs, in which mercury is present not in its natural state, and in the form of amalgam (metal solution).In this case, if the broken energy-saving lamp will not be afraid for their health.amalgam technology

Among these products popular model Camelion Classic LH30-AS-M / 827 / E27, although other companies, for example, Osram, using such technology.

That's all that I wanted to tell you about mercury poisoning and demercurisation at home.We hope that now you are fully learned what to do if broken energy saving lamp!

Also read:

  • How to unscrew the bulb from the bursting
  • cartridge How to protect against electromagnetic radiation
  • How to take down light